- Polyurethane flooring is the most hygienic and easy to maintain type of resin screed for both commercial and industrial environments
- Creates a sterile environment by preventing contamination and stains
- Ideal for the food and beverage industry, pharmaceuticals and healthcare manufacturing
Carrying years of experience and trade knowledge, RESPOL is concerned with the preparation, repair and installation of high-quality, durable industrial flooring for various sectors, including the industrial, manufacturing, automotive and aviation industries. One service that RESPOL offers is polyurethane screeds and coatings for installation in both commercial and industrial environments.
What is Polyurethane Flooring?
Polyurethane flooring comprises layers of polyurethane to produce both a decorative and functional seamless flooring solution. Whilst it has many of the same chemical properties and qualities of epoxy resins, it is the most hygienic and easy to maintain type of resin screed, making it ideal for the food and beverage industry, pharmaceuticals and healthcare manufacturing. It is also renowned for its durability and flexible synthetic material, making it easy to install and maintain.
General Benefits of Polyurethane Flooring:
- Creates an entirely sterile environment reducing the risk of contamination, making them perfect for industries that require insurance of 100% hygiene standards
- Durable, hard-wearing waterproof covering that protects concrete or other floorings from damage by creating a tough and reliable surface
- Flexibility and elasticity, which is not found in more brittle epoxy coatings, allows the polyurethane screed or coating to perform more efficiently in extreme temperature conditions by enabling it to expand and contract to suit variations in temperature (therefore preventing cracking or debonding!)
- Fast curing process allows for speedy installation and minimum downtime to keep your operations working efficiently at a standard capacity
- Stress-free maintenance as polyurethane flooring is easy to clean and boasts non-slip characteristics that ensure employee safety
What Makes Polyurethane the Most Hygienic Flooring Option?
As mentioned above, polyurethane flooring is the ideal and most valued option if hygiene is at the forefront of your operations. This type of industrial flooring is well-suited to having coving fitting around the edges, which allows it to create a completely sterile environment by preventing bugs or bacteria from entering the seal between the floor and the wall. Essential for industries where stringent health and safety requirements call for maximum cleanliness, polyurethane flooring can withstand frequent and intense steam cleaning due to it being steam resistant when installed at sufficient thickness. These factors allow it to create and maintain a hygienic environment to uphold the pure and uncontaminated conditions required for your industry needs.
Polyurethane flooring is also more resistant than epoxy options to natural chemicals, which make it appropriate for the food and beverage industry to protect against likely spillages, reducing preventative or maintenance costs and upholding a clean, smooth look to your polyurethane flooring.
Overall, the main benefit for industries where hygiene is a number one priority is that polyurethane flooring offers a sterile, easy to clean and maintain solution, making it ideal for food and beverage and pharmaceutical production and within the healthcare sector. RESPOL aims to efficiently install this solution in the fastest, cleanest way possible to allow your business to operate efficiently with minimal downtime.
At RESPOL, our team of expertly trained professionals are happy to evaluate and designate the ideal variation of industrial flooring to suit your industry and application needs. For more information or to contact us, please click here.